Senior Design Ops
We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably and responsibly solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara aims to be the crop nutrition company for the future and is leading the development of sustainable agriculture and digital tools to contribute to solving global agricultural challenges. We have a worldwide presence with sales teams in ~150 countries and around 17,000 employees.
Drawing on over a century of crop nutrition experience, Yara established the Digital Farming unit – now Digital Ag Solutions (DAS) – 4 years ago to explore how technology could be used to impact farmer livelihoods and productivity. Today, DAS has built products for smallholder and professional farmers, retailers and other farming ecosystem stakeholders across Asia, Africa, the Americas and Europe.
DesignOps is the key to scaling digital product design teams with more efficiency. As companies mature and invest in design, they need to operationalize workflow, hiring, alignment between teams, and more. So designers can focus on design work while someone else takes care of the rest.
DesignOps is the glue that holds the design organization together, and the bridge that enables collaboration among cross-disciplinary team members.
- Work on defining the way we operate and structure the function of Design.
- Actively engage designers to comply with design tools, principles, processes and standards set for the design function.
- Measure, implement, and drive changes to make sure designers are working at optimum effectiveness.
- Use the available systems and platforms to share design assets and templates, to ensure consistency in design work across Yara.
- Collaborate closely with design leadership and senior contributors to define, document, and operationalize processes. This includes defining and keeping up-to-date documentation of how the Design team works, as well as how to work with all disciplines of the team.
- Evaluate and implement new tools with designers, writers, researchers, and cross-functional partners to solve for our growing need to collaborate holistically across the organisation.
- Regularly check in with other stakeholders to get a pulse of their pain points and together help set up solutions and processes that eliminate those.
- Champion the good practices inside of the design function and enforce constant improvement.
- Develop and maintain valuable stakeholder relationships, being able to communicate with each one in the right way.
- Explain how we work inside the UX Operations team and the value we, together with the UX team, add to the bigger Yara organisation.
- Build presence internally and also externally.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a Product Designer or similar role.
- You have +2 years of experience in Design Operations / Design Program Management.
- You are an excellent communicator: this role benefits from negotiation skills, as the act of evolving and changing long-held organizational methods and practices, requires a lot of convincing.
- You can shift from big picture to tactical easily: You can go from overseeing the entire design process to being involved directly in specific project work.
- You are proactive in resolution: we need a doer that makes things happen.
- You have knowledge and experience in change management: since most of the initiatives we work on require a shift in mindset.
- You are a good listener: we dedicate quite a bit of time to reaching out to the team and other stakeholders to be able to understand the problem correctly.
- You have a curious and experimental mindset: the role requires looking out for new ways of doing things.
- Comfortable with Figma, Miro, SharePoint, Confluence, Jira.
- You have excellent English communication skills both written and verbal.
- To directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- To work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited work contract
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours, working from home/remote option!
- Support for personal development, training, conferences, and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies, and frameworks
- To choose your own preferred MacOS hardware
Talent Acquisition Manager
Knowledge grows through differences
Yara is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe that creating a diverse and inclusive work environment is not only the right thing, but also the smart thing to do. To deliver on this, Yara has firmly anchored Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) in our business strategy and has more than 400 employees worldwide involved in D&I ambassadors networks.